View count: 15829
HistoryThis department was instituted in August 1968. When Taihoku College was founded in 1922, the psychological laboratory was established in the Department of Education. In 1958, the Psychology Division was created by the Department of Education, and the psychological laboratory was expanded into the Psychology Experiment Center. In 1968, the Department of Educational Psychology was officially founded. In 1980, the Department of Educational Psychology was established in the Division of Continuing Education. The Counseling Section and the Special Education Section were established to provide continuing education for middle school and elementary school teachers. In 1979, because of the increasing importance of counseling in schools of different levels, the Ministry of Education approved the establishment of the Graduate Institute of Counseling, and the existing teachers and equipment of the Department of Educational Psychology were incorporated in the new institute. In 1987, the Doctoral Degree Program was approved to cultivate senior counselors. In the same year, the name of the department (graduate institute) was changed to the Department (Graduate Institute) of Educational Psychology and Counseling. In 1994, in response to the new University Act, the names of the department and the graduate institute were combined. They were collectively called the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling.
The campus of this university can be divided into the main campus (e.g., the College of Education, College of Liberal Arts, and College of Arts) and the other campuses (e.g., the College of Science). This department is located on the fifth and sixth floors of the College of Education on the main campus.
All teachers in this department have their specialties and have numerous publications in the fields of pedagogy, psychology, statistics, educational psychology, psychometrics, psychiatry, psychological counseling, school counseling, adolescent psychology and counseling, and special education. To investigate special topics, several of our teachers receive funding from the Ministry of Science and Technology or other related units annually.
Our department currently has 25 full-time teachers, 14 professors, 8 associate professors, and 3 assistant professors. Concerning educational background, 25 faculty members have doctorates. For the educational background and specialty of individual teachers, please consult the faculty roster.